Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Jack Bell Update  (Read 2110 times)

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Jack Bell Update
« on: December 15, 2019, 11:09:01 PM »
I know many of you know as you've been asking about the status of Jack Bell.  Some weeks back he had to go into the hospital due to some coronary issues.  He is slowly doing better.  His wife, Gin, has asked that his friends should send her texts or emails.  Gin's message to one of our members that he wanted shared with us is:

Jack is improving and we are working with his care team to do everything they can to accelerate his healing. Jack cannot manage reading his email right now. It is not bothering me for you to be in touch, and in fact would be a positive thing for you to text me and let me pass along your message to Jack. It would be great if you could update him about who was at the show, what you purchased, what you saw that he would have liked and other militaria info. Everyday would not be too much and it would keep him connected. You could have other guys do the same. The doctor wants us talking to Jack about things he is interested in, so this would actually aid in his recovery. Many thanks for your continuing support and concern. 

Rather than post her contact information here in such a public place, if you want to send him some words of encouragement, show happenings, shell pics, etc. please reach out to me via email or phone and I'll get that contact information to you.  Or you can send a private message via the forum.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 05:42:41 PM by CarlS »
Best,
Carl

Garret

• Email
Re: Jack Bell Update
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 01:39:33 AM »
Sorry to hear about Jack's health issues and do hope for a speedy recovery.   I consult his heavy artillery book often and have enjoyed it.   
"Suppose you were an idiot.  And suppose you were a member of Congress.  But I repeat myself."  Mark Twain