Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: suggestion? opinion? etc  (Read 2464 times)

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
suggestion? opinion? etc
« on: May 22, 2019, 10:56:56 PM »
When we are in Gettysburg next month I had planned on one day running over to Lawrenceville to the Allegheny Arsenal site. Looking on Google Earth it appears there is nothing there but tennis and basketball courts. Has anyone on here been there? Opinions? We will be at Kennywood one day to take the kids to the theme park so we wont be far away but is it worth the Pittsburg traffic to go see a sports complex that was once a historical site that has been destroyed by progress? sarcasm intended. I'm thinking seriously of dropping it from the itinerary unless someone can really recommend from experience that we should go see it. We are going to the flight 93 crash site that day as well. Its on the way.
It's not always "Survival of the fitest" sometimes the idiots get through.

pipedreamer65

• Email
Re: suggestion? opinion? etc
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 11:38:22 AM »
I wouldn't waste my time with it.  As you said, its pretty much a park with athletic fields now.  Shame, lot of people died there.

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 04:06:04 PM »
yep, scratched off the list. sad that historical sites are being bulldozed and built on. The Garrett Farm is one that really pisses me off.

gandycreek

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 05:02:23 PM »
Don't know about the Allegheny Arsenal site, but the  Flight 93 Crash site is well worth a visit. Very solemn place.

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 07:18:22 PM »
yes definitely going to the 93 site.