Relic Discussion > Recommended Reading

A Field Guide to THE ARTILLERY OF VICKSBURG NATIONAL MILITARY PARK

<< < (2/2)

CarlS:
Interesting.  I'll have to ask her what is up with that!

CarlS:
They have a copy down there.  It is caught up in the bureaucracy that things go through these days.   In this case it is the process that is followed to get a book on the shelves at the parks.  Her reply was:

"Thank you for letting me know. The Park was provided a copy weeks ago and it is currently under review. All new publications have to undergo a review process. Unfortunately it won’t be a quick process though. I am working with Eastern National, the cooperating association who provides sales items for the park, to make it available. I had hoped to have it on sale there before Christmas but was told it will take a little time to make this happen. I visited the Park yesterday and was told it is in the works so I am hopeful that this will be resolved soon. "

misipirelichtr:
Thanks Carl, for following up.  Seems that life is getting so complicated these days.  One tidbit that I did pick up last week is that of the 150+ original cannon tubes in the Park, only two are verified as being there in 1863 for the seige.

CarlS:
I wanted to share with everyone that the author has found a new printer that is much more economical and the book is now offered at 65% off for $40!!!  This is a great deal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version