Relic Discussion > Recommended Reading

Round Ball to Rimfire by Dean S. Thomas

(1/2) > >>

divedigger:
this is a series of books that is the comprehensive study of bullets and should be in the library of any serious student of the small arms ammunition.

speedenforcer:
was wondering how long before this series made it on here, was kind of surprised it took as long as it did.

divedigger:
Anybody can recommend a book. I figured Jim T would put this one on the list. The only reason I haven't put them on the list is because I didn't actually know the proper name of the set, I had to go on their website to find the name. I don't have the set so I couldn't just look at the shelf and write it down like I did the others. I may get the set one day, I just haven't yet. Like I said, anybody can put a book on the list, if you see something you think we would like by all means post it. This ain't my personal column, although so far it has been. and I have plenty more I could post, but want to see what others like

speedenforcer:
Well aware that anybody can post. I wasn't sure on how many volumes there were so for fear of looking ignorant I refrained from attempting.

Jim T:
Certainly I think these books have the most indepth and most recent research about small arms ammunition.  I am reluctant to promote books by myself or Dean as it sounds self-serving.

There are four books in the "Round Ball to Rimfire" set.  Vol. 1 is Federal musket ammo; Vol. 2 is Federal carbine ammo; Vol. 3 is Federal revolver ammo.  Vol. 4 is Confederate ammo.

"Confederate Arsenals, Laboratories, and Ordnance Depots" is a 3-volume set detailing 56 southern places of small arms munufacture.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version