Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: theft  (Read 3504 times)

Dave the plumber

• Email
theft
« on: September 20, 2017, 07:14:14 AM »
 I hate posting this without more information or photos. But I received a call from a friend yesterday, and he wanted all to spread the word.
   An old, old timer up in Maryland had what sounds like a barn behind his rural home that was a pickers / hoarders dream of militaria. Well, you know where this is going...
   So much stuff I am told there were paths through it and piled high to the ceiling , literally.
   Well, the old timer was out of town or something, and some people basically emptied the place out. Which my friend said must have been an very organized effort, requiring multiple box trucks, and multiple people loading...
  So, in  there were some identifiable pieces. Many cannons. Nothing ACW, but Rev war and foreign pieces. ALOT of 5 foot and under barrels, possibly 20 or so. Nobody knows for sure. Many, or most were bronze. And a few were lantaka's. Some very rare mortars and decorated pieces.  Should be identifiable again, to the owner.
   Plus, everything else they took. Guns, swords whatever an octarian would have collected back in the 'day'.
  So, if you see a bunch of stuff being offered that ' just doesn't look right' matching owner with knowledge or value, i'll post more info coming up as to who to contact.
  This happened in Maryland, and the Maryland militaria show is this weekend, maybe, these guys are just dumb crooks and will pull up loaded trying to pawn the stuff off at the show and they can get what is rightfully coming to them...  lets hope so.  Please pass word on to fellow collectors and dealers
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 07:15:22 AM by Dave the plumber »

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: theft
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 09:13:33 AM »
That's a tough pill to swallow when you get bsck and see that.  I hope they get caught.  Thanks for the alert.   
Best,
Carl