Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Bad Weather  (Read 5742 times)

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
Bad Weather
« on: January 22, 2016, 01:13:56 PM »
To all my collecting brothers and sisters that will be effected by upcoming cold weather. Stay warm and be careful. try not to travel if you can avoid it. As a police officer, it is better for the public to hunker down and wait it out if possible. I know sometimes that is not an option so if you have to travel in the snow and ice, go at it slow. God bless yall and be safe.
It's not always "Survival of the fitest" sometimes the idiots get through.

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Bad Weather
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 03:32:16 PM »
Thanks.  We'll only have a taste in the Atlanta area hopefully.  I just made a run this morning to Alabama to pick up some shells so home and good. New toys to play with!

I hope all in the storms path weathers it without issue.  We need to figure out how to get some of this set out west where it is needed. My back yard is like a sponge. 
Best,
Carl

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 08:44:52 PM »
Oh really! What kind did you get?  ;D

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 09:22:07 PM »
I got a small load to drill but picked up a few to probably sell.  As we don't want the forum used for hawking our or anyone else's items I'll not post details here.   Email me if you want a list.
Best,
Carl

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 11:03:26 AM »
yall wont believe this but I was on a traffic stop earlier and while talking to the driver I looked up and noticed this strange white stuff falling from the sky. Been falling off and on for a couple of hours now. don't see that in Florida. What is this white stuff yall speaketh of?

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 02:38:37 PM »
As a military brat I lived in the Jacksonville area a number of times (can't remember the first one as I was too young) and I don't recall it ever being cold there let alone snowing.  But I do remember lots of heavy late afternoon thunderstorms that would suddenly appear and after too long just disappear.  If those were ever snow you'd have 2 feet of the white stuff at least.  I'm sure the kids there were really excited over seeing snow even though it probably didn't accumulate.
Best,
Carl

redbob

• Email
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 05:36:46 PM »
But, it made Piggly Wiggly happy as they were able to empty their shelves of survival supplies (bread, milk, beer etc.).

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 07:52:43 PM »
melted as soon as it hit the ground. we have had it before but not very often. I remember 1 year it actually did accumulate, not much maybe 1/4 inch or so

Jim T

• Thomas Publications
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 10:08:32 AM »
32 or so inches here...and my driveway is about 100 yards long.  I dug out my cards and 10 yards when I finally saw a neighbor (farmer) out with his tractor!  Waded thru the crap to get to the street to chat with him and was able to get him to come over and get the rest of the driveway.  I was pretty happy then.

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 12:13:04 PM »
Wow nice place Jim. Pretty picture, would make a nice Christmas card me thinks.

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2016, 08:32:45 PM »
That looks like stay-at-home-weather to relax with some hot chocolate or other warm beverage of your choice and enjoy the beautiful view.  I'd have no need for a cleared driveway.   :)
Best,
Carl