Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Richmond Show  (Read 7495 times)

Roy A

• Email
Richmond Show
« on: July 15, 2015, 01:25:02 PM »
Just seeing who will be down there?

I'll be shopping around Saturday morning.

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Richmond Show
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 11:00:32 PM »
Wish I was but can't this year.  Hope everyone has a fantastic show whether with a table or shopping.  Let us know of any good things that walk in.
Best,
Carl

Dave the plumber

• Email
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 06:48:59 AM »
I'll be there with two tables of artillery. Look me up !!        I think Pete is setting up too

6lbgun

• If at first you don't Secede, try, try again.
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 09:28:58 AM »
I'll be there Sat morning.
Dan

Pete George

• Email
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 11:21:26 AM »
  I'll be there with one table of artillery, plus a bunch of Official Records books I want to sell (as a group, quite cheap).  Hopefully I'll be located right next to Dave The Plumber like last year.

Regards,
Pete

Dave the plumber

• Email
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 01:07:56 PM »
Pete,   now that you quit smoking, I gather you'll be at your table full time and we can carry on a conversation !!   

Pete George

• Email
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 10:11:16 PM »
Yes, Dave... as you'll be able to see for yourself this weekend at the show. :)  I haven't used any tobacco since the night of the heart-attack.

Regards,
Pete

Garret

• Email
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 11:12:42 PM »
Congrats on quitting, Pete.  May you live a continued, long and prosperous life.   ;)
"Suppose you were an idiot.  And suppose you were a member of Congress.  But I repeat myself."  Mark Twain

Dave the plumber

• Email
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2015, 08:41:13 PM »
 picked up something neat and different at the Richmond show.
    It is the absolute last sales receipt for Francis Bannerman's, written on Bannerman's letterhead with a typed note on it saying it is in fact the last receipt.     Pretty neat when you figure all the millions of dollars in sales he did, with these big mega surplus deals,  and this last receipt is the end of a dynasty....

Pete George

• Email
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 11:11:10 PM »
  Thank you very much, Garret.

I absolutely will not go back to smoking. "Having been delivered out of bondage, do not return to it." -- The Bible

Regards,
Pete
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 11:14:07 PM by Pete George »

Roy A

• Email
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2015, 05:08:55 PM »
picked up something neat and different at the Richmond show.
    It is the absolute last sales receipt for Francis Bannerman's, written on Bannerman's letterhead with a typed note on it saying it is in fact the last receipt.     Pretty neat when you figure all the millions of dollars in sales he did, with these big mega surplus deals,  and this last receipt is the end of a dynasty....

Thats pretty cool. Was it from the NYC location or Blue Point? My godfather Jim Hogan took over the company and moved everything out to Blue Point Long Island. I actually just came across a box full of old newsletters and catalog mockups/templates.

Dave the plumber

• Email
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2015, 08:38:13 PM »
it was from Bluepoint and written by Jim Hogan in 2006.  Is he still alive ??  I have never met him, so I do not know his age. He says he ran Bannerman's for 60 years in the letter

Roy A

• Email
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2015, 09:48:27 PM »
He is still around but getting up there in age. My family and him lost touch a while back but last I heard he was in Florida most of the time. He is a WWII vet and served in Europe (lost an arm there actually).

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2015, 08:52:13 PM »
Just back from Alaska so been out of touch.  How was the Richmond Show?  My spies told me it was a bit moribund, especially on Sunday, but they are just collectors.  What was the view from the other side of the tables, Pete and Dave?

Dave the plumber

• Email
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2015, 08:09:02 PM »
it was pretty good for selling. Saturday was busy at first, there was a good line at the door. But attendance was definitely way off. Rumor had it that the advertising was minimal because of all the B.S. going on with the rewriting of history now, and them not wanting protestors or numbskulls creating a ruckus..  But this might just be rumor.          I personally think between the two annual Richmond shows, the two Gettysburg shows and the Fredericksburg show - the area might be getting a little burned out on buying relics....