Relic Discussion > Artillery

Miscategorized shell

(1/2) > >>

scottfromgeorgia:
This shell has been on this site for a long long time, and it still bothers me. Who can count the ways this shell is miscategorized?

http://www.joshuasattic.com/search/product.asp?ID=1714

emike123:
Now its bothering me....thanks for sharing  :-\

Its a regular old brass sabotted Parrott with a side inerting hole plugged with a big lead ball.  I have done this method of hole plugging myself a few times when "Johnny Overkill" used a huge drill bit to make a garish hole (or two) in the side of an otherwise nice shell.  All 2 or 3 times, I have then coated the shell in BriWax or something so it has a uniform color and doesn't look as gnarly, but the drill hole remains evident for people's peace of mind, etc, etc.

He has bought a few things from us in the past, but thankfully this isn't one of them.  Its probably on his site, but somewhere around here I have his eMail address if anyone wants to PM me and contact Cliff directly about it.  I got out of the FakeBuster business after my leading role exposing the great Tennessee bullet white-out caper which to this day has a certain someone wanting to knock out all my teeth.

scottfromgeorgia:
Shysters always want to knock someone's teeth out. Let's see, for me there is Richard Armstrong, shyster extraordinaire, and a few others.

Pete George:
  When that thing was discussed in another forum a couple of years ago, I tore the owner's claims about it apart, in relentless detail.  Apparently, either nobody ever sent him the info, or he disregarded it.

I didn't send the info to him myself, because I've learned the hard way that some Dealers take mortal offense (and hold a grudge for years) when given corrective education about an ...ummm ..."misidentified" relic they own.  (Y'all know who they are.)

Seeing it has now been posted in this forum, let's have some Educational fun with it.  Who here can tell us the largest number of reasons the shell is not what its owner claims it is?

Sorry, Scott and Mike, but you are excluded from the game, because you saw my detailed comments about it at the other forum.  ;-)

Regards,
Pete

scottfromgeorgia:
Pete, I sent him the information about the shell, under my name, not yours. He never responded.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version