Relic Discussion > Remembering The Great Ones

Danny Spencer: 1953-2014

(1/3) > >>

CarlS:
Danny’s dear wife called me this morning to inform the leadhead community that Danny passed away last night.  He had fought a long hard fight against numerous ailments, most recently stage four lung cancer he was diagnosed with a week and a half ago.
He will be cremated, but funeral arrangements are incomplete and rather than force Peg to rummage around for a phone number for the Funeral Home, I suggest we all Google this tomorrow and find the service details.
I told Peg we will raise a toast to Danny at Franklin.  A few years ago we had a big bullet collector get together there and Danny’s eyesight was so poor that he started to drink from a bottle of Tobasco sauce instead of his beer.  We stopped him, but maybe that Louisiana transplanted from Georgia many years ago knew what he was doing.  I like to think he did.
Danny, we will miss you.

(Posted for eMike)

Tom Henrique:
RIP Gator. Danny was one of the nicest, funniest guys in the CW collecting community and he will be missed. I will forever be proud to call him my friend.

TomH

R. J. in LA:
Danny, Rest in Peace. I'm fortunate I had to pleasure of knowing Danny. As Carl stated, he will be missed.

tom buckley:
Rest in Peace, Danny.

Selma Hunter:
To the Tabasco Kid -

Godspeed & RIP.

Peg's call this morning was totally unexpected and received with great sadness.  Danny was one of the best of the best people I've had the privilege to know over the years.  Peg appreciates the kind words, memories and offers to help.

If anyone needs a mailing address PM me and I'll send it to you.

VBR to all,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version