Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Re: Image Scroll Bars  (Read 4642 times)

John D. Bartleson Jr.

• Email
Re: Image Scroll Bars
« on: March 21, 2014, 05:06:55 PM »
Carl/Mike,
    Can we get our webmaster to configure the site to place horizontal scroll bars between each photobucket image when more than one is posted.  As you can sede you have to run all the way to the last image in order to obtain a bar for the first one.
John

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 10:47:48 PM »
John,

I moved this here and started a new thread so as not to highjack the Hotchkiss thread and because it wasn't really related to artillery.  I hope you don't mind.

I am the webmaster technically although I do bring my son on board to help when I don't have a clue or when I have no bandwidth.  Neal has been an incredible asset for me.  But with regards to your question the short answer is no.  I've looked all over and seen nothing even remotely related in the forum configuration.  I also searched the web and found nothing. Additionally I tried a few posting tricks to see if I could trick it into adding the scroll bars.

One way you can ensure a scroll bar for each image is to only include one image per post.  Start your post or reply and add an image.  Then immediately add another reply with the next image and so forth.  They'll essentially be in order the same as if all in one posting but each will have a scroll bar.

Please note that the only one who will see any scroll bars to begin with is someone who has a small monitor, views the forum in a small window or has set their monitor to a low resolution.  Or it could be some combination of the three that causes the need.   I, for example, never see them since I have pretty decent size monitor and use a larger window.

I hope this helps.
Best,
Carl

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 09:30:47 AM »
Thank you and Neal for all your efforts.  I will lead the forumites in a vote to double your pay.  So, we graciously bestow upon you 2 x $0!

I agree with your guidance to John and others.  I know John has some trouble seeing and so he has probably blown up the screen to large print which exacerbates this issue.  The reverse would be to hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard and simultaneously roll the dial on your mouse back to shrink the screen size.

The forum software is a 3rd party package and so our ability to customize it is limited.  Just like you cannot add features like dancing bears to a video game, we can only make configuration changes within the parameters of the software settings.  Unfortunately what is being asked for here is not within those parameters of the current software release.

ETEX

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 04:09:20 PM »
Carl and Mike,

I can't thank each of you enough for having this great forum available to all of us at the outrageous cost of $0.00 a month. I don't know if everyone realize the work, effort, cost and time to make this site run as great as it does. Again my hats off to both of you.

John D. Bartleson Jr.

• Email
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 05:04:54 PM »
Hey ETEX, Mike and Carl,
    I hope you do realize that I am not complaining and that5 I don't appreciate the free and well kept web Forum for us because I do understand.
     You have a suggestions page and that is all I was doing.  Recommending a feature that would enhance our site.  I am not aware of the site's parameters or options, just thought I'd ask.  Cheers :)
John

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 09:19:44 PM »
John,

Not a problem and always glad to get input.  I am no expert of forums so anything that would make it better is welcomed.  But try as I might there are/will be some things I can't figure out how to do.  But do keep asking.

Best,
Carl
Best,
Carl