Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: 12 Pounder  (Read 3596 times)

ETEX

12 Pounder
« on: January 19, 2014, 02:05:33 PM »
Wanted to throw a quick pic of the 12 pounder cut in half with the most bullets I have seen used as case shot and was lucky enough to purchase. Gotta thank Mike for turning me onto this shell that Rafael had for sale. Being a leadhead it is a great addition to my collection.

Dave the plumber

• Email
Re: 12 Pounder
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 06:46:19 PM »
              That looks like a super thin wall on that shell. Also, is that a Bormann recess or one of those Wright time fuzed shells ??

John D. Bartleson Jr.

• Email
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 07:04:43 PM »
Wright time fuse in a spherical shell??
John

ETEX

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 07:13:19 PM »
Dave,

I took another quick shot so you could see the side walls and the placard on the stand. John jumped right on it I see. If it weren't for the stand and placard I wouldn't have a clue what fuze was associated with this thing. I had cropped the other pic close to the matrix to show the bullets.

Bryan

• Email
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 07:45:45 PM »
The Horse Soldier have these on their site as ART8A.  I got one from them last year myself for my collection.

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 11:28:25 PM »
I like it a lot.  Mine is like the Horse Soldier's with Wms cleaners in it and you cannot see the bullet sides like yours.  Here is a picture, John, of a complete 12pdr with the Wright fuse.  There was a group of these that came out of a North Carolina barn a few years back and this was the best one I could get.  I am sure other forum members got better condition ones they may be able to show off.

John D. Bartleson Jr.

• Email
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 10:09:20 AM »
Thanks Mike,  that surely is a new one for me. Is it the same thread as a Bormann?
John