Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Franklin Show - Dec 6th thru Dec 8th  (Read 9582 times)

jonpatterson

• Email
Re: Franklin Show - Dec 6th thru Dec 8th
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2013, 01:54:16 PM »
ETEX

He is more likely to get the socks.   :)  However, the Cowboys are my team, which I probably shouldn't admit, since I live in the Chicago suburbs and hope Santa Mike helps me more in the future.

Jon
It is history that teaches us to hope.

Robert E. Lee

Selma Hunter

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2013, 03:53:58 PM »
Gentlemen,

Santa Mike got his on Richmond-eve from Santa Selma!

LOLOL!

Daveslem

• Email
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2013, 07:20:08 PM »
Jonpatterson,

I think you should buy Mike a Payless Shoes gift card so his kids don't go barefoot this winter.

ETEX,

After tonight Tony Romo may not have a shirt on his back.
Later,
Dave Slemmer

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2013, 10:28:58 PM »
Hello,

Can't quite put into words the craziness of this show.  It is one of the few times I've ever seen Mike a bit out of sorts when the commercial vacuum came around to fill a museum.  I told the buyer he was doing what everyone at those 1000 tables dreams of doing: walking around and buying whole tables of stuff.  I probably had to answer "Did he really buy your whole table?" at least 25 times.

The 2nd most amazing thing at the show was seeing Steve's coal torpedo.  It's neat to see the pictures of it but for whatever reason holding it in your hand takes it to another level.  It was beyond cool.

Jon was on a roll.  The deals he got were amazing and were great items to boot.  I felt like I should follow him around and maybe pick up his crumbs. 

It was great to see everyone.  Lots of good conversations and relics.  Also had a good time down on music row Saturday night with Sean, Ed, Dave and Mark.  We heard one bad band and two very good ones.

Jon: An interesting coincidence was that I was filling up with gas in Dalton, Ga. and a fellow pulled his truck into the slot on the other side of the pump.  It turned out to be the guy with the grenade you passed on.

Per Steve's suggestion I've changed my forum name to CarlS.   I'll do my part to not negatively affect Steve's senility!   ;D

Best,
Carl

jonpatterson

• Email
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2013, 09:36:36 AM »
Carl,

That had to be strange running into the grenade buyer on your way home. What are the odds of that, that far away. At least it has a home now.

ETEX

I am thinking the Tony Romo shirt and an autographed football by Jason Garrett you mentioned earlier are selling at big discounts today. The Cowboys got spanked big time by the Bears. Guess I we need to lay off the Bear fans.

Jon
It is history that teaches us to hope.

Robert E. Lee

R. J. in LA

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2013, 02:16:32 PM »
It was good to see some of y'all at the Franklin show. Unfortunately, I missed several of you and definitely missed seeing Steve Phillips amd his coal torpedo. As Mike, Carl and others mentioned, the talk of the show was the museum buyout bonanza realized by a few fortunate forum members, way to go!! I can see it now, for the next show Mike, Carl and others will have 18 wheelers loaded down with artillery artifacts to sell to the next private museum creator!  :)
Enjoyed myself thoroughly and am looking forward to another one in the future.
R. J.

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2013, 04:01:20 PM »
Sorry to be slow to acknowledge the kind words above.  I was at the Bears game last night -- brr.  See below and with a magnifying glass you can see Jerry Jones curled up in the fetal position sucking his thumb while Jason Garrett changes his nappy. 

The best Christmas present from Santa Mike was the gift of the Bears Defensive Coordinator from last year to the Allas (that's right, no D) Cowboys.  We had picked him up after leading Detroit to an NFL worst 0-16 record so it is only fair that our generosity was repaid by Dallas taking him off our hands.  Suckers!  Its been 40 years since the Bears have not had to punt once (last night the Bears scored on every possession except the last victory formation).  I had the pleasure of seeing Romo's Pick 4 game last year in Dallas (indoors), but despite the temperature differential, last night's game was an even better humiliation of the Rom & Jerry Show.  Only thing better than beating the Packers or Lions is beating the Cowboys.

Not to be left out -- Slemmer, Jim T, Dean and 6pdr (Iggles fans I believe) -- consider this beatdown of the 'boys your present.

ETEX (& the more rabid 'boys fan his wife Chrissy who has been very silent today), Jon and Bryan, the silver lining is a pretty definitive case was made for a new coaching regime so there is hope.

Ho, ho, ho....
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 04:06:54 PM by emike123 »

ETEX

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2013, 01:19:06 PM »
I will say one thing the Boys got a good old country whooping but things are looking up, we can probably get two shirts for the price of one so you will make out big time Mike.