Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Richmond Relic Show  (Read 9652 times)

Jim T

• Thomas Publications
    • Email
Richmond Relic Show
« on: November 05, 2013, 03:11:31 PM »
Any of you going to the Richmond Relic Show on November 16-17?  We will be set up there, just wondered if I had to be on the look out for others.

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
Re: Richmond Relic Show
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 06:10:11 PM »
I'll be there with Carl who has a table.  I am leaving Saturday afternoon so the usual hit and run for me.  You guys have a nice Sunday talking amongst yourselves while I am back in Chicago watching the newly resurgent Bears play.

Tell Dean to bring me sumpin' good!  I want that ammo crate he keeps his firewood in, but if he has used it for kindling then tell him to surprise me.

Jim T

• Thomas Publications
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 08:16:45 PM »
Sunday is when we are bringing out all the best items.

Pete George

• Email
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 08:38:14 PM »
  I'll be there, with a sales- table of artillery shells, fuzes, "interesting frags," and also some Confederate buttons (dug and non-dug).

Regards,
Pete

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 05:29:08 PM »
Hello,

Thanks for starting the thread. I've been meaning to for a few days but it would slip my mind each time I read the forum.  It is a great show and one I am looking forward to.  It always seems to have some great dug relics.  Please do bring the good stuff on Sunday when Mike has left so the rest of us will have a chance at something.  :)

Also wanted to pass along a reminder to anyone interested that a show is a good time to drop off any shells that need drilled or cleaned. 
Best,
Carl

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 01:06:56 AM »
It is a great show!  It moved from the buildings it was in for years and is now in a larger nice brick buiding over near the race track.  We have seen some really good artillery and even bought a few things.   I'm looking forward to what might come in tomorrow.  Come by and say howdy.  Pete's table is to the immediate left of the entrance.  DaveThePlumber and Mike and I are to the right along the wall.
Best,
Carl

Pete George

• Email
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 07:42:36 AM »
Actually, my table is at the far end of the same wall Carl/Mike's table s on.  In other words, I'm against the wall in the building's northwest corner. They are (almost) at the building's southwest corner.

Regards,
Pete

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 11:32:40 PM »
Hello,

THought I'd post a few images of the show.  Stood on my chair since my table was against the wall and tried to do a panarama with my iPhone.  Sorry not great photos but should give you a good feel of what the new show location looked like for those who have been to prior shows.

Best,
Carl

Selma Hunter

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 08:23:05 AM »
Carl -

Many thanks.  Location looks to be far more cozy than the barn that used to be home to this event.  Did they ever turn the heat on?

VBR,

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 03:35:58 AM »
it was very cozy but it was also quite mild outside.  One nice aspect that you can't tell from the images below is there is a large raised roof area in the center that has a lot of windows around it and lets in a lot of natural light.  The only thing inferior to the old building is the foot court.  They had a vendor stand here but it was pretty limited and people complained of the quality but I think everything else was great.

Lots of people seemed to be buying which was good to see.  I bought and sold a lot and others I know did as well. 
Best,
Carl

Jim T

• Thomas Publications
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 10:59:30 AM »
I really like the new building.  I had a fun show and added a bullet and a cartridge to my collection.  Saw the usual forum dealers there and met a few forum lurkers...good times.

JT

Jim T

• Thomas Publications
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 08:45:09 AM »
I saw another use for the pics.........  We can play "Where's Dean-o."

I see him........... ::)

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 05:24:24 PM »
I started to point him out when I posted the images but then figured I'd wait to see if anyone noticed him or anyone else.
Best,
Carl

njdigger

• Email
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2013, 05:53:58 PM »
Could that be D.T. in the light blue shirt standing next to Steve Sylvia in the 1st photo?

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2013, 12:05:46 AM »
NJDigger,

No, that's not him.  But good observation on Steve Sylvia.   Who is that mysterious looking guy in the bottom center of the last image?  :)    I enjoyed all the discussions with you at Richmond.
Best,
Carl