Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: To all:  (Read 5488 times)

Dave the plumber

• Email
To all:
« on: April 21, 2011, 07:54:45 PM »
    I talked to Jack Wells today on the phone. He wanted me to pass some information on to you all.
    He lives in the area of Fayettville, NC which was hit by tornado's last week. Five  people died in his neighborhood, more are still missing. He is upset, obviously, and he asks that you all keep the people and families of these storms in your thoughts and prayers. Says his area looks like a battlefield.
      His house made out basically ok, but his family that lives in the area was not as lucky with alot of damage.
     He also wanted me to pass along that they estimate it will be a month before they get cable restored to his area, and he will be out of computer modem communication until then, but he can be reached by cellular phone if you need him.

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: To all:
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 12:25:10 AM »
Very sorry to hear.  It sure puts things in perspective.  Our thoughts and prayer go our to him and the others impacted.
Best,
Carl

Daveslem

• Email
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 04:48:40 PM »

Prayers on the way.
Later,
Dave Slemmer

John D. Bartleson Jr.

• Email
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 05:40:49 PM »
To All,
    I spoke on the phone with Jack Wells last night.  I have known Jack since the time I wrote about this interesting subject back in the 70s.
     I don't think he would mind me sharing part of our conversation.  He and his wife and property escaped the direct path of the tornado, howver it took the roof off his son's home.  They were aboe to get a tarp over it to protect it from the rain.  Insurance adjusters were supposed to be there today.
     They were without power until yesterday.   Jack said the devistation was worse than anything he saw in Vietnam.
     The Red Cross came to action and provided hot meals for the neighborhood.
      His community can sure use our prayers for the recovery from their losses.
Regards,
John aka Bart

ETEX

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 11:15:44 PM »
My thoughts and prayers to one and all in the North Carolina areas devastated by the recent storms.

Michael

Jack Wells

• Email
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 12:21:11 PM »
Power back on.To all who expressed concern,out heartfelt thanks,and thanks to the Almighty,we all survived.Please pray for those less fortunate as many lost every thing
A special thanks to Dave and John for their posting for me.I never expected so see a "War Zone" where I live.
All our Best
Jack Wells and Family
Charles.J.Wells (Jack)
SGM. U.S.A. Ret.

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 02:51:29 AM »
Glad you are ok. I wonder if our government will step in and help like they do for other countries.
It's not always "Survival of the fitest" sometimes the idiots get through.