Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Dalton Show  (Read 5301 times)

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Dalton Show
« on: January 11, 2014, 07:38:18 PM »
Hello all,

Just a reminder that the Dalton Relic Show is coming up the 8th and 9th of February.  Mark your calendars to be there.  It is a very good show and grows every year.  The facilities are pretty good.  eMike, RelicRunner and I will have a table and hope to see you there.  I know a number of other forumites like DaveThePlumber and Trader Sean will have tables as well.  Please come by and visit.  If anyone else here has a table let us know.

Also, it's a good time to bring those wonderful projectiles that need drilled or cleaned.

Hope to see everyone there!
Best,
Carl

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Dalton Show
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 10:25:22 AM »
Hello,

Mike and I have picked up a large shell collection that we'll have much of at the Dalton Show.  If you are looking for anything let us know.  We'll start listing the unsold items on the web sales site after the show.

Also Dalton is a good time to drop shells off for cleaning or drilling.
Best,
Carl

Dave the plumber

• Email
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 06:00:50 AM »
    If anyone is going to Dalton that has an extra top plate for a 12 lb canister in good shape, I am looking for one to buy. See me at my table please......  David Kornely

misipirelichtr

• Email
Dalton Show - CS Beltplate Display
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 09:20:56 PM »
Carl and Mike, I know you guys would never admit to paying it any attention, but I have it on pretty good authority one of the best gatherings of CS plates under one roof is on display at Dalton.  If you have a minute or two, please take a few photos and post for those of us not fortunate enough to be there to see it in person.

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 07:10:01 PM »
Don Phillips brings out his collection on display at many shows.  I saw him there Friday during setup, but I did not see his display there.

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 07:23:35 PM »
Despite not seeing the plate display, Dalton was its usual excellent show.  Lots of bullets and artillery we folks here love.

I did not buy much, but the large parking lot makes for an excellent cross docking operation and a friend and I drove home last night in a loaded down Suburban.  Ordinarily that would be a good vehicle for the light snow we encountered most of the way, but this particular vehicle was a real lemon and we are lucky and happy to be home safely. 

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 07:37:28 PM »
Hello,

Yes, Don did have his collection there and it was incredibly impressive.  I can't imagine how one could have a nicer more complete buckle collection.  It had two Arkansas plates!   Unfortunately I was so busy and in my own little world that as per my norm while I planned to get some show pictures I didn't get any other than one of the table used by Mike, RelicRunner and me (see below).  The show was quite busy with a very good turnout.  I tip my hat to Mike Kent for putting on another good show and recommend the Dalton Show each year if you can make it.
Best,
Carl