Relic Discussion > Recommended Reading

A Field Guide to THE ARTILLERY OF VICKSBURG NATIONAL MILITARY PARK

(1/2) > >>

Selma Hunter:
All,

A Field Guide to THE ARTILLERY OF VICKSBURG NATIONAL MILITARY PARK by Elizabeth Hoxie Joyner.  Spiral bound profusely illustrated and sporting a magnificent finish with good a mix of high gloss b/w & color images.  About 487 pages. 

Elizabeth was the curator for the NPS at the VNMP for well over 30 years.  She is the "Go TO" person for anyone working on that place!  Aside from all the rest she is a bona fide Southern Lady and a delightful person to deal with.

I cannot say enough about Elizabeth and her outstanding work on all three of her books I have seen. 

Thank you Elizabeth!

misipirelichtr:
I admit to living off the beaten path, but I've tried to Google and otherwise locate this book on the internet without success.  Is it a new publication?  I have her book on artifacts from the USS Cairo, and I agree she is a talented and informative author.  Any help you could provide on locating her Vicksburg artillery book would be appreciated.  Thanks!

CarlS:
Yes, it is just now being published and will be out very soon.  Thanks to Selma Hunter I am working with her and hope to offer it for her on our website.

CarlS:
It has been published and is available.  See details at:
     http://www.bulletandshell.com/Items/item.php?id=L00036
I've not seen it yet but when I do will pass on some more information.

misipirelichtr:
Thanks Carl.  Interestingly, I stopped by Vicksburg National Park Visitor's Center this past Saturday to inquire about this book and 4 folks at the Visitors Center hadnever heard of it, including one person that said they went to church with Elizabeth.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version