Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Vicksburg Show: April 4th  (Read 4868 times)

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Vicksburg Show: April 4th
« on: March 31, 2015, 01:08:13 AM »
Hello,

I've decided a the last minute to go to the Vicksburg Show.  Hopefully a few others can make it as well.  It is a small laid back show but you never know what might walk in and there are good friendly people there.  There are a lot of things to do in the area.  I think I'll have a table so stop by and chat.   I a looking forward to seeing some of the somewhat more western members of this group

Also, if you have any shell drilling or cleaning that needs to be done you can drop them off.  An questions, let me know.
Best,
Carl

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Vicksburg Show: April 4th
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 11:13:31 PM »
It was a small show as expected but the company was great.  I was fortunate to be able to spend some time with Rommack, the far better looking Mrs. Rommack, FortDonaldsonRelics and Lazouave.  I also saw some old friends in the Vicksburg and Jackson area that I don't see as often as I'd like.    I purchased some nice wagon chains with the "US" turnbuckle, a couple nice fuses and a couple shells.  This show has always perplexed me as you would think there would be a ton of artillery and artillery related items given the city it is held in but there typically isn't much. The weather was beautiful as the wisteria was in bloom and so were the azaleas.  A beautiful southern spring!
Best,
Carl

redbob

• Email
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 10:31:32 AM »
The next time that you make a run down I-20 let me know and I'll treat you to some local hospitality.

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 11:03:34 AM »
RedBob: Sounds great!  I'm looking forward to it.
Best,
Carl

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 11:26:28 AM »
Also just realized that somehow I neglected to mention forumite mbfrompb being there as well.  Was good to see Meigs again although he's fallen on some bad luck.  I'll just have to leave everyone in suspense on that until I have time to post some detail later today.
Best,
Carl