Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: .44 SELMA ARSENAL BULLETS  (Read 4057 times)

PIA

.44 SELMA ARSENAL BULLETS
« on: February 04, 2015, 03:18:00 PM »
Have been going through boxes, bags, cans and drawers of bullets to sell to a relic hunting Pard down here.  Thought I was only dealing with about 1000, but am now over 2000 of the darn things.  Right now I never want to see another CW, Mexican War or Rev War projectile.  I'll rally, though! :-)  Anyway, today I came across three really nice dropped .44 Selma Arsenal bullets (ROUND BALL TO RIMFIRE, PART FOUR, Page 173, specimen #23).  I dug them in a group near Water Valley, MS.  Anyone have an idea as to the value of this bullet type.  Do not want to overcharge (or undercharge) my friend for them.  I think these are the only examples of this bullet type I ever found.
Thanks and best regards,
Gary 

dlw1610

• Email
Re: .44 SELMA ARSENAL BULLETS
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 05:14:14 PM »
Gary,

I have not the foggiest.  A Richmond Arsenal .44 Colt usally goes for about $25.  if you hae an extra, I'll go $40 for one of the Selma's.

Regards

David Wright
Petersburg, Va

PIA

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 08:13:29 PM »
Hello Davis,
Dug all three bullets in a small group within ten feet of where I dug two Confederate script I buttons.  The only five artifacts of those two types I've ever found.  A good day!  Several of the Selma 'Ring tail' Sharps (MM180) and .54 CS .54 nose cast bullets were also found in this camp.  Also dug three pieces of a Confederate brass spur probably made in Memphis, TN. Close to 20 years later I went back and dug the other two pieces of the broken spur.  Whew.

dlw1610

• Email
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 08:50:39 PM »
Cool,

Ian Workman, ACW Relics has three of the Richmond .44 Colt bullets for $20 each.