Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Franklin (Nashville) Show This Weekend (12/4 thru 12/6/2015)  (Read 5126 times)

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Franklin (Nashville) Show This Weekend (12/4 thru 12/6/2015)
« on: December 01, 2015, 12:02:08 PM »
Hello all,

Just a reminder that the Franklin Show (just south of Nashville) is this weekend.  It is one of the biggest relic shows in the country and is amazingly still mostly Civil War period stuff.  The weather this weekend in Franklin is looking pretty nice with sunny days warming into the mid to upper 50's.  Mike and I will be there with two tables of iron and lead goodies.  Please come by and visit for a while.  A good number of forum members attend this show as it is in a good central location.

Also, as always, shows are a good time to bring any drilling or cleaning you need done.

See you there!
Best,
Carl

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
Re: Franklin (Nashville) Show This Weekend (12/4 thru 12/6/2015)
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 12:42:15 PM »
Show was good as usual and town is always super.  Great to see numerous forum members there.  Business was solid and steady at our overloaded tables.  I selflessly did not buy too much for my own collection, but got about a dozen nice items I will be posting on the commercial part of the website later this week as I have time.

Pete George

• Email
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 02:36:03 PM »
  Thanks for your report, Mike.  I've been hoping various members who attended the Nashville show would give us their post-show reports.

Regards,
Pete

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 11:33:15 PM »
I had a great time.  Sales were steady and there were some pretty neat shells around the show and bullets galore.  One Brooke shell I was drooling over but Mike got to my show money first so nothing left for the other.  It didn't sell so maybe one day I can still end up with it if I can save a bit and the seller will come down below the ozone layer.  I even bought two bullets there!  But as always great to see so many of the forumites; some of which traveled a long way to get to the show.

Great BBQ with a group on Friday.  Also had a nice time down on music row in Nashville Saturday night.  If you want some good vittles I recommend "Puckett's Grocery & Restaurant".  They have a few locations: one of which is in Franklin and another near music row and the Rymann auditorium where we ate.

Got a picture of our iron I'll post later when I have a few.  Looking forward to seeing everyone next year.
Best,
Carl

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 10:46:37 PM »
Thought I'd share that picture of iron I referred to.  It is a group of cannon frags from a 9-inch smoothbore gun.  The Rebs blew it up when abandoning a fort so the Yanks couldn't get it.  In the 70's a relic hunter found these 4 and 3 more pieces that make up much of the muzzle that he is not ready to sell.  But he came to the Franklin Show and was ready to sell the ones pictured below and give us first chance at the muzzle if he lets it go.  RelicRunner and I went in on these to keep them together.  They have a neat history having been taken by the Rebs from the Gosport Naval Yard when the unpleasantness broke out and positioned on the James River to keep the prior owner from getting upstream.  They are in pretty good condition.  They weigh in total 167 pounds.  I found a 9-inch Dahlgren ball quite some years back and will try and display them together.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 10:49:09 PM by CarlS »
Best,
Carl

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 04:12:49 PM »
Tubular!