Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Post CW to WWII Shells  (Read 4353 times)

Roy A

• Email
Post CW to WWII Shells
« on: November 06, 2015, 05:31:07 PM »
Going through my fathers stuff and I found a bunch of shells/projectiles from Spanish American war era till WWII. Anyone know of any online groups that I could go to in order to get more info on what I have?

Sadly, I have a few 40mm AA rounds which I can not say with 100% certainty are deactivated but I would think so since my father was really careful with what came into the house...

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Post CW to WWII Shells
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 06:24:13 PM »
Hello,

A quick place to start is to go to the BulletandShell.com website and in the menu list on the left is a link to a web site on post civil war artillery. 
Best,
Carl

Roy A

• Email
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 07:02:08 PM »
Carl,

Thanks for the reply. I have seen that but was also looking for a possible discussion group as well?

coonboy

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 07:14:56 PM »
Roy:  If you are a member of facebook, go to Military Collectors Network and join  N/C  and it is  forum group that can help with everything from pre WW! to current. I am a member and have identified all my war items with the groups help from helmets to hats to shells to buttons to visors, and anything else related to post Civil War. you will need to post photo and ask for identification of item. It is a forum that has members from all over the world . The English language is used. You can easily get addicted to this forum if you have military items you cannot identify.   Coon Boy
Terry