Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: BRITISH TV SERIES...DETECTORISTS  (Read 4873 times)

PIA

BRITISH TV SERIES...DETECTORISTS
« on: September 13, 2016, 05:21:24 PM »
Maybe I'm late coming to the table with this, but DETECTORISTS on Netflix is as true to life as anything ever produced concerning relic hunting.  Just got through watching it (again) and have darn near laughed my rear end off.  It's so very much better and realistic than the crappy relic hunting shows which have been shown on American TV.  The guy who wrote and directed Detectorists has to be a long time relic hunter.  Hope I'm not covering a topic that has already been discussed.
Gary

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
Re: BRITISH TV SERIES...DETECTORISTS
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 08:39:38 PM »
Thank you Gary -- good stuff.  I just watched the first 4 episodes.  Reels you in with its British humor...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 09:40:07 PM by emike123 »

Gene WV

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 07:20:55 AM »
Yes, a good show. Netflix has recently 'released' Season 2, and it's as good as the first.

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 09:50:23 AM »
Thanks for the heads up.  I watched season 1 and it was an entertaining series that had me wishing for season 2.  Good show to end the day with.  Sure beats the depressing news.
Best,
Carl

PIA

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 07:41:41 PM »
Season two is about as good as season one.  No complaints.  At least no one is swinging from trees or rolling down hills spouting gibberish.  I do find it amusing/curious that so many references are made to American things...Simon & Garfunkel, cars, etc.  Maybe the Brits actually do that, or perhaps such was written into the series to help sell it on our side of 'the pond'.  Don't matter.  Yep, I too need some COMFORT TV to escape today's politics and other disasters.  Even if it's just a guy digging an aluminum pull tab and noting the date on it. "Hey, people buy this s*** on eBay."   :-) 
Bored in MS,
Gary