Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Report on Wheaton Show  (Read 6353 times)

jonpatterson

• Email
Report on Wheaton Show
« on: April 19, 2015, 06:55:12 PM »
Yesterday was the show in Wheaton, a show not known for having much artillery (other than MiKe's). Mike and Carl were both there with LOTS of nice shells. I had a few shells for sale, but nothing spectacular. At the end of the day I still had all the shells I had brought, but had an addition to my collection. A dealer had 4 shells for sale and a James turned out to be one of them.  Mike and Carl confirmed it was a definate keeper and at a super price. It definately made my day. Carl walked away from the table with a spectacular conditon Schenkl.  Next stop Mansfield.
It is history that teaches us to hope.

Robert E. Lee

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
Re: Report on Wheaton Show
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 07:18:16 PM »
It was an excellent show and we saw lots of friends.  Very strong sales, but also the most buying I have done there in recent memory.  I tried to keep up with Jon's super acquisition by snagging this Washington Navy Yard box for Schenkl percussion fuses, certainly the best pickup I had...

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 07:20:17 PM »
Tough to read in this picture, but writing on top says, "100 Schenkl Per Fuzes.  On no account to be put in the magazine"
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 07:24:35 PM by emike123 »

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 07:21:10 PM »
Front:

« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 07:24:05 PM by emike123 »

Jim T

• Thomas Publications
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 09:48:25 AM »
At least Dave had unhindered (aka no EMike) run of the NVRHA show in Fredericksburg.  Don't tell Wes, but I actually bought a few 3-ringers for my collection there.

Roy A

• Email
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 02:40:34 PM »
Jim, did you guys set up there? I was Looking but didn't see you or Dean Friday.

I would like to see what you grabbed as well. I got tapped out early on on a few rare bayonets I couldn't pass up.

Dave the plumber

• Email
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 08:44:10 PM »
 Jon and Mike,        Looks like you both scored !!  Two fine pieces for anyone's collection            Congratulations !!

John D. Bartleson Jr.

• Email
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 04:12:08 PM »
Mike,
  A grat B.Z. on your Schenkl box. Damn, I wonder where it has been all these years to have survived?
John

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2015, 08:53:42 PM »
It was in an old timer's collection who has passed on to his great reward, so likely been 50 years or so with him.  His 40+ year old kids were there selling his stuff and I spotted this amongst the rifles and buckles JonPatterson and others got.  The son and daughter were there with his widow 6 months ago and I helped them price their items so this was an unexpected bonus for me.  It's nice to know that occasionally when you are honest with people and don't screw over widows, sometimes karma pays you back in unexpected ways.

John D. Bartleson Jr.

• Email
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2015, 09:14:07 PM »
Hello Mike,
  It is not Karma, it is being a gentleman with the widows and orphans.
Kind Regards,
john