Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: trip to frederick,maryland  (Read 6189 times)

johnj

• Email
trip to frederick,maryland
« on: September 06, 2013, 07:35:17 AM »
I have my yearly civil war trip (5th yr) planed for next week. Going to Frederick,Maryland are there any shops that sell bullets near by?
 johnj

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
Re: trip to frederick,maryland
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 10:33:15 AM »
There is a relic shop in Sharpsburg.  Mark McConnell has a large antique shop near Frederick that has some Civil War era stuf called Braddock Mountain Antiques and then there is our very own Ian Workman, aka "acwbullets" who lives not far from there and has tons of bullets to sell, but alas no relic shop open to the public.  You might want to pm him thru here anyway.

misipirelichtr

• Email
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 11:54:50 AM »
Building on Mike's reply a bit...........To the best of my knowledge, Sharpsburg Arsenal no longer has a shop open to the public.  Ian lives in Shepherdstown, WVA, and is probably one of your best bets if you can schedule a visit with him.  And if you are at Frederick, you will be less than an hour from Gettysburg - several options there, and at least two that have bullets/cartridges/butllet related items from the Dean Thomas collection for sale.  And if you see a bullet or two posted on the Thomas Publications web site you are interested in, might be able to contact Jim or Dean to see it in person.  And lastly, there are numerous antique shops in Frederick/Hagerstown/Harper's Ferry that have CW bullets for sale.  I'll picke up a couple of pretty scarce ones at those shops over the years

johnj

• Email
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 05:34:08 AM »
Thank you for the help. Will stop in Gettysburg first for lunch.

Jim T

• Thomas Publications
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 07:58:21 PM »
When in Gettysburg, The Horse Soldier shop is worth a visit...on Steinwehr Ave.  Also, our shop is 5.5 miles west of town on Fairfield Road. 

johnj

• Email
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 06:29:26 AM »
jim will you be open this tue. after noon.

Jim T

• Thomas Publications
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 12:04:40 PM »
Will have some errands in Gettysburg around lunchtime...but after that will be okay.  Call my cell to make sure: 717-321-6027.

You should also check our the Gettysburg Museum of History on Baltimore Street...lots of cool relics on display.

johnj

• Email
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 08:54:25 PM »
thank you jim may see you tue.

johnj

• Email
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 07:29:04 PM »
Nice meeting and talking with You and Dean. Thank you for the help. Hope to see you Oct. 26,27.

Jim T

• Thomas Publications
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 07:52:27 PM »
I hope you also had a good time at Antietam.