Relic Discussion > Wanted: Artillery

7" Brooke shell sabot

(1/4) > >>

alwion:
looking for a 1/2 to full 7" brooke sabot to put or sit my brooke shell on. would have to be fairly flat piece 

Pete George:
  Best I can do for you is 1/3rd of a 7" Brooke sabot.  It's got the star-mark on it, which is thought to represent the Charleston SC arsenal, because the star-mark is most often seen on Brooke sabots dug in the Charleston area.  Has hook-slant rifling, and pleasingly smooth green dug copper patina.  Price is $125.

Regards,
Pete

emike123:
Pete,

I know you are at the show today, but I had given Alan your # but you said you thought this piece was to a 6.4" Brooke.  If it is indeed to a 7in, that might be good for him as Jack Bell's is a little wavy.

Pete George:
  I have two pieces.  One is a 6.4"-caliber, the other is a 7"-caliber.

Regards,
Pete

alwion:
Hi Pete is 1/3 like 3 segments like the one mike had for sale earlier this year?
would it display ok if I blocked the back side, or is all you can do with it lay it off to the side?
I was shooting for 1/2 or better so it wouldn't wobble, how long would I have to look, as I think these seem to be rare?

I know very little about this, so an opinion would be great, I may just be crazy and setting it on a "part" may be a bad idea

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version