Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Ketchum  (Read 1680 times)

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Ketchum
« on: October 31, 2021, 05:18:17 PM »
This isn't really artillery but it travels through the air and explodes so close enough.    This is a 5-lber Ketchum grenade from Port Hudson that I picked up.  They came in 1-lber, 3-lber and 5-lber sizes with the 3-lber being,  I believe, the most common.   Ronnie can confirm or correct that as I suspect he has seen thousands!  The wooden shaft and fins are less than perfect reproductions.  The iron is very good with a super grommet in the bottom for the plunger (missing).  It was a size I've been looking for so very glad to get.
Best,
Carl

rommack

• Email
Re: Ketchum
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 06:22:10 PM »
Nice port Hudson grenade  ! You do not see them dug very often ! glade you got one Carl,

redbob

• Email
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 04:42:59 PM »
If you ever find someone who can make an accurate tail assembly for the Ketchum, I would certainly be interested in having one.

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 10:35:35 PM »
Rommack: Thanks.  That size has been hard to get.  Now I need the 1-lber which is also hard to get though I do have a 1-lber Rain's grenade.

Redbob:  Yes, I would as well.  one day when things slow down I'll give it a try.   But who knows when that might be.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 10:38:21 PM by CarlS »
Best,
Carl