Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Blood and Glory: The Civil War In Color  (Read 4522 times)

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Blood and Glory: The Civil War In Color
« on: April 07, 2015, 05:40:43 PM »
Hello,

I got this from Jack Melton and thought I'd share with everyone.  The Atlanta History Center has some an incredible collection of American Civil War relics.  Gordon and Jack have an immense amount of knowledge so should be good to watch or DVR if you aren't around:
========================

Tonight (Tuesday, 4/7/2015) at 9:00PM EDT on the History Channel is a two-part series Blood and Glory: The Civil War In Color.  Gordon Jones from The Atlanta History Center and myself were filmed for this show.
        http://www.history.com/shows/blood-and-glory-the-civil-war-in-color

========================
Best,
Carl

Garret

• Email
Re: Blood and Glory: The Civil War In Color
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 12:08:26 AM »
Thanks for the heads up Carl!  To be honest, I haven't been impressed with the History Channel lately, or History, as they like to be called, as there's not much History on their channel.  The Gettysburg program had some errors in it, but I'll definitely check this one out.   :D
"Suppose you were an idiot.  And suppose you were a member of Congress.  But I repeat myself."  Mark Twain

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 09:34:18 PM »
Agreed about the history channel. I can take the shows like American Pickers because they do show some interesting people, places and things although I'd rather see such things on a reality channel.  And to some degree Pawn Stars as well.  I enjoy seeing the relics.  But the UFO and other stuff is just too much.

I don't have the history channel any more so will try to see it when I get a chance on a replay.  Cable bill went up to $200 a month for internet and TV so we dropped to basic cable with high end internet for $80.  The only thing I'll really miss for the most part are the Brave's baseball games.
Best,
Carl

divedigger

• Email
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 05:54:03 AM »
How could you give up Swamp People?

Steve Phillips

• Email
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 06:18:52 AM »
I liked the show, it seemed more accurate and fair than most PC history. Jack was good but he needs to stay away from the donuts.