Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Chicago Show  (Read 9102 times)

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Chicago Show
« on: September 04, 2013, 12:05:02 AM »
Hello,

For those more inclined to go to shows in the more northern and western latitudes and longitudes, there is a show coming up on September 21st in Chicago (just west of Chicago in Wheaton).  More info at:
      http://www.chicagocivilwarshow.com/showinfo.html
I even plan to try to get by there and visit Mike and some other locals.  I'm very much looking forward to it and meeting anyone else in the area that can get free come by to visit.  I am hearing there will be artillery and bullets galore!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 12:11:48 AM by CWArtillery »
Best,
Carl

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
Re: Chicago Show
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 06:05:34 PM »
There will be artillery and bullets galore on our table, but otherwise its mostly a gun, sword and paper/photo kind of show.  Still its a good enough one and always good to support the shows.  Thankfully, not much modern stuff...an unintended benefit of some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country!

And best of all it is a one day show.  In my opinion, Sundays are not for relic shows!

jonpatterson

• Email
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 11:47:12 PM »
I will be there with a few sectioned spherical shells for sale, just inside the main door and to the left. Stop by and say Hi.
It is history that teaches us to hope.

Robert E. Lee

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 08:48:11 PM »
I found out today that my 3in rifle will be on display there.  Personally I can't wait to see it -- I have only laid eyes on it a couple times since I got it as it has been in storage -- and we're going to bring it home after the show.  Sounds like an excuse for a party!

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 10:38:12 PM »
Looking forward very much to the show and fellowship.

For anyone who will be there and needs any drilling or cleaning services I can pick up at the show!
Best,
Carl

Daveslem

• Email
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 01:24:25 AM »
Mike,

I'd take it as a solid and be your BFF if you could pick up some extra long fuzes and fire some case shot into my bedroom window one night while I'm at work. I'll PM you with the coordinates.
Later,
Dave Slemmer

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 07:42:45 AM »
I know that sort of thing happens all the time in your 'hood:

http://archives.nbclearn.com/portal/site/k-12/flatview?cuecard=50420

But as everyone knows we practice non violence out here in Chicago.  Aren't you excited about coming out here, Carl?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2013/09/18/fbi-chicago-passes-new-york-as-murder-capital-of-u-s/

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 05:12:35 PM »
Yes!!!! I love an adventure!
Best,
Carl

Pete George

• Email
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 01:24:21 PM »
  Since you "love an adventure"... here's some useful information for your upcoming trip to Chicago. It is an actual News-report (not an Opinion segment) from the CBS network TV-station in Chicago.

Title of the News-report:
"What Is Most Likely Place To Get Shot On South, West Sides?"
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/09/19/what-is-most-likely-place-to-get-shot-in-city/?utm_medium=VPH&utm_source=topvph_news&utm_campaign=491619

Regards,
Pete

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 07:38:35 PM »
Oh boy.  Carl just called me and said he was going to pick up a bottle of Thunderbird as a house warming present.

Rough night last night (described as an "uptick" in violence):

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/21/us/chicago-shooting.html?_r=0

Got our mayor to rush home from Newark where he was presumably comparing notes on pacifism at a Cory Booker campaign rally!

Fortunately, the show is very far West!

6lbgun

• If at first you don't Secede, try, try again.
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 08:49:47 PM »
What the heck is an "assault-style weapon"?  One common trait of all assault weapons is a full automatic option.  To me, a large capacity magazine is a 100 round drum magazine.
Dan

Dave the plumber

• Email
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2013, 09:29:40 PM »
      how was the show ??

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 10:49:28 PM »
The show was good, a little better than usual in my opinion.  Maybe that was because there were lots of good folks in attendance.  Somebody had an awesome cannon on display there  ;)

I acquired a small shell collection and separately a smaller fuse collection.  As this is mostly a non dug relic show, this was unusual.

Dan, here you go:

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel was delighted that the city council unanimously approved the measure that prohibits the import, sale, transfer and possession of certain guns by name, semiautomatic rifles with “military-style” features and so-called ‘high-capacity’ magazines within city limits.   These include any semiautomatic rifle or handgun that is capable of accepting a detachable magazine and has at least one military feature (eg., folding stock or bayonet); any shotgun that is capable of accepting a detachable magazine, has at least one military feature, or has a fixed capacity of more than five rounds; and any weapon with a fixed magazine of more than 15 rounds. Military features include telescoping stocks, pistol grips, grenade launchers, barrel shrouds and other features.

Cook County further limits any guns to having magazines that hold fewer than 10 rounds.

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2013, 02:49:49 AM »
Hello,

The show was really nice.  As Mike said, it is mostly non-dug.  Jon, Mike and Harvey had pretty much all the projectiles there.  What was really odd to me was there was very few bullets which are a staple on nearly every table at a show in the south.  The people were quite nice and it is good to see they got over their past aggressive attitudes and are now friendly to southerners.   ;D

Here are a couple images from the show.  The 2nd one is Mike's toy.  But seriously, it is a really nice tube and carriage.
Best,
Carl

Dave the plumber

• Email
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2013, 07:14:12 AM »
      does a cannon constitute an assault gun ??!!    Watch out Mike, I already emailed Rahm and told him he could send it south to North Cackalakky to  ' get it out of his town'.  I'll make space somewhere for it.....