Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Part two of preserving James shell  (Read 3218 times)

Steve Phillips

• Email
Part two of preserving James shell
« on: May 22, 2015, 08:51:20 AM »
I finished working on the James shell and made part two video that shows my style of preserving. Go to www.ssdsupply.com and click on my YouTube videos. I hope you guys like my videos but if you don't, you won't have to put up with me for the next four months since I will be in Nome Alaska diving for gold.

redbob

• Email
Re: Part two of preserving James shell
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 09:57:01 AM »
A very informative video, good luck and have a good Summer.

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 06:40:14 PM »
I just watched all your videos linked off the SSD website and I salute you for sharing all this.

Among the videos is the one on Confederate landmines.  Last year in that 13,000 pound collection we bought, I got 17 landmine frags (with fuse holes so they are for sure landmines) out of Blakely, but only one complete landmine, a 32pdr.  I have been slowly listing the dozen frags I did not keep to go with my fuses on the commercial part of our website and they sell right away.  Folks who want a finite piece of history should grab them because I am down to a very select few (<6) and these need to find homes that respect them.

Steve, I will trade the best of the remaining frags for one of your Nome nugget rings like you flashed in that video  ;)

Have a safe (& rewarding) Summer.

Steve Phillips

• Email
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 09:35:00 PM »
Thanks for watching my videos. If we're trading gold for frags I have at least 1000 pounds of frags I want to trade you.