Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Is this Something to do with Artillery or Photography  (Read 13295 times)

swest47

• Email
Re: Is this Something to do with Artillery or Photography
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2012, 09:53:34 AM »
Off on a rabbit trail, in the picture of the ammunition train that hill in the background is Coles Hill. Thats just outside Stephensburg, VA. to the south of Brandy Station. It was used by the Union army as a look out station and, as you can see from the picture, a camp. From there you can see both Culpeper and Brandy Station.

Many, many very nice relics came from that area at DIV. Here are a couple of shots from the top.

Jine

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2012, 10:21:31 AM »
Off on a rabbit trail, in the picture of the ammunition train that hill in the background is Coles Hill. Thats just outside Stephensburg, VA. to the south of Brandy Station. It was used by the Union army as a look out station and, as you can see from the picture, a camp. From there you can see both Culpeper and Brandy Station.

Many, many very nice relics came from that area at DIV. Here are a couple of shots from the top.

By golly you're correct swest47; in fact it was from the DIV site that I gleaned the image. Were you at Hansborough Ridge/Cole's Hill last November?
"Let every man serve God daily, love one another, preserve your victuals, beware fire, and keep good company." -- Admiral Sir John Hawkins (1532-1595)

swest47

• Email
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012, 12:44:23 PM »
Jine,

I've been to every DIV since XIII. I'm a DIV junkie. Not only will you see some of the greatest relics found but you'll meet some of the most dedicated relic hunters in the US.

Look me up if your at XXII.

Jine

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2012, 05:49:35 AM »
Jine,

I've been to every DIV since XIII. I'm a DIV junkie. Not only will you see some of the greatest relics found but you'll meet some of the most dedicated relic hunters in the US.

Look me up if your at XXII.

Very good, swest47, I will indeed!
"Let every man serve God daily, love one another, preserve your victuals, beware fire, and keep good company." -- Admiral Sir John Hawkins (1532-1595)