Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Disgruntled buyer from revwarcannonballs  (Read 7909 times)

scottfromgeorgia

• Email
Disgruntled buyer from revwarcannonballs
« on: March 25, 2013, 09:08:52 PM »
Folks, I got the following personal message from a reader of this Forum. We all know the scumbag that is Rick Armstrong, who fabricates letters of provenance and creates fictional stories about Civil War relics in order to steal from buyers. I removed the identifying information, but am posting it because I think you folks can help provide advice to him: 

The message they sent you was:

Hello, xxx I purchased xxxx from this guy on ebay. I did not pay yet. While googling these I ran across your posts on here. I found 2 threads I think. I have requested that he cancel the transaction but I think I have been ignored. I'm not interested in having a non paying bidder strike on my account, but I have no plans to pay. I was thinking about sending him an email on ebay saying that I cannot trust these and if he will not cancel the transaction I will leave him a negative (he will be able to get it removed as I will be a non paying bidder, but it may take a while) xxx. I assume his local police would be interested in his antics as well. I'm writing you to ask what you know about this guy. He does already have my email and address. Is he the vindictive type? Any suggestions on the best way to try to have him cancel this transaction? I have also learned that he sold a xxx supposedly used at xxxx. The guy that bought it donated it to xxx. I have been in touch with them and they say it was not authenticated, in part due to him giving varying strories of its provenance. xxxx Thanks.

pipedreamer65

• Email
Re: Disgruntled buyer from revwarcannonballs
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 07:51:05 AM »
My advice would be to not pay and not leave any feedback good or bad.  No use in poking a hornet nest.  I'm not sure what the seller could do other than reporting this person as a non paying bidder.  If the seller went that route, the buyer has a good defense with the authenticity concern.  It's not like buyer decided he didn't need or couldn't afford the item anymore.

All I know is that this seller has created a large group of "documented" relics and artifacts that will be fooling people for ages.  I hope he drops one of his documented cannonballs on his foot and it requires amputation.

Pete George

• Email
Re: Disgruntled buyer from revwarcannonballs
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 03:12:42 PM »
 Last month, Ebay removed the seller's listing for those POSTWAR British-made friction primers, ruling them as being "Significantly Misrepresented" in the Civil War Original Period Items category.  The seller (RevWarCannonballs) waited a few weeks and then re-listed them. The unhappy buyer should bring those facts to Ebay's attention.